"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

June 22, 2016

One decision matters

Is this the one?? ... Deciding to do one thing seems to be harder than searching things to do. I seek to work at a place with a group o people doing a project that is closest to my interest and that I am going to do breakthrough things. Sort of a commitment that will costs everybody's time, energy, money, and a lot of things (e.g. one's youth. This thing matters).

Pretty hard to know (exactly) whether you would commit to that potential project you are looking at. The question evokes series of my thoughts about it weighted from different aspects of life all the way to the future. Some action taken too. Repeated the cycle over and over. I know the clock is ticking (faster than usual, don't you think). But still not the thing.

Last week, but weeks ago the ad was not there, I think I found one. Googled about it. I feel calm. Wait. Actually a lot energizing (biologically and mentally). Minimal thinking. But not sure what's in the mind of that potential group. Well, in my mind, "this is my thing!"

I guess, there are things that we cannot control. Just have to believe.