"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

October 14, 2016

Things blocked

Many things are inside my head that my brain has to try processing. Especially things I'm waiting to know and things newly come to my attention. Also, there are a few things in the past and things about to happen and other things around (I somewhat care). Such state of mind hinders the process of thinking ideas, e.g. what to write.

Two ways to look at this. Some of us might think that because of all those things in mind, things blocked. Whereas, some might think that because things blocked, those things stuck together. So... calm down. Will reducing the number of the things in mind calm us? Or will calming down reduce the things that stuck? Okay, "reset" the brain (sleep on it).