"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

October 18, 2016

Think of the games

It's time for this thing now. I came to a basketball court and started to do shooting, as usual. Then, I joined with some university students to play basketball games and things got more fun.

The thing I enjoyed about the games is simply focusing on thinking how to get to the goal. Basically, it means thinking how to make the chance for me to do a jump-shot or dribble pass the defenders to score; otherwise, how do I pass the ball to teammates and assist them to score; and then how to work with the team for defending and rebounding. This requires trust in myself and others in a small team to make things work. Recalling good plays to score or assist or defend and how to do it better is always pleasurable. Therefore, this is also the way I enjoy doing other things.

It was exciting to play some basketball games with young men and get exhausted. Just like the time during my school days and I feel younger after that. Look forward to the next game.