"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

January 04, 2017

Buying power!

My power has never been strong when it comes to buying things, which I underestimated. Because that's based on my performance in retail shops and department stores. But, when look at my performance in online shopping, just last months (so busy), I know my buying power is competitive!

The experience is different when compare to that in shopping mall. Walking in the mall for hours (sometimes), I might see a thing to buy and thinking if there is a cheaper one elsewhere, any other choices or other styles, and whether it is necessary to buy. After visited more shops/malls to reconsider, I might decide not to buy the thing for some reasons. So, this part is less fun.

When shopping online, everything becomes fast and easy in choosing and making a decision. It seems like a solution. But, paying for things I've never touched before and sometimes the delivery part can be still a bit problematic and insecure. Okay. Anyway, such kind of shopping has new fun. It does help unleash my hidden power of buying things (so many), especially the things I wanted and needed in preparation for this interesting year.